Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+9
TMM
HoboFox
Crono
Czernobog
deadpixels
gh0ul
Rantlers
KeithApicary
SegaSoldier
13 posters

What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral?

SegaSoldier
    SegaSoldier
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral? Empty What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral?

Post by SegaSoldier Tue May 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I like the wireless controllers (MK-1627)! It still blows my little bro's mind I can play wirelessly and his PS2 has corded controllers lol!
    KeithApicary
    KeithApicary
    Admin
    Admin

What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral? Empty Re: What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral?

Post by KeithApicary Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 am

I liked when they came out with the 6 button controllers with turbo. I used turbo on so many games. And still do.
    Rantlers
    Rantlers
    Gamer
    Gamer

What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral? Empty Re: What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral?

Post by Rantlers Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Do those wireless controllers work that well, though? I assume so if they're your favorite accessory, but I bring it up because I remember getting a pair for SNES that used an IR sensor or something and it was really disappointing. The detection was pretty finicky, particularly if you were somewhat far away, and isn't that kind of the point of having a wireless controller (other than not having the cord run-over by the vacuum cleaner perhaps)?
    gh0ul
    gh0ul
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by gh0ul Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm

KeithApicary wrote:I liked when they came out with the 6 button controllers with turbo. I used turbo on so many games. And still do.

I'm with Keith on that one love the 6 button turbo controllers.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 pm

I still think the six-button controller is one of the most comfortable controllers of all time. I absolutely love that thing, and it made playing Street Fighter II: Champion's Edition much more comfortable than playing any SNES SF ports.

Too bad not enough games supported six-button controls.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm also a big fan of the 6-button controllers, but I didn't know they made one with turbo. I have the 3-button Mega Fire one Sega put out that I used turbo with, but I hardly use it anymore because I find the 6-button pads more comfortable and of course way better for fighters.

--

What's your favourite Genesis/MegaDrive Accessory or Peripheral? Bg6b1j
    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/
    Crono
    Crono

Post by Crono Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

A couple years ago, I found those six button wireless controllers (They're IR), and they work great! I was really surprised. As long as the receiver is in the line of sight from the controller, it will successfully send the signal.

Inside it's got 3 or so IR LEDs aimed in different directions, so it's coverage is pretty substantial. And, probably the best Genesis accessory I own. Though those arcade pads are nice too.

The last-gen wireless stuff would have to be RF or BT, just to note. I don't think it'd be particularly simple to push analog inputs through an IR setup Razz
    HoboFox
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by HoboFox Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh man! I forgot about those 6 button controllers! Those little marvels were amazing.
    TMM
    TMM
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by TMM Thu May 05, 2011 6:59 pm

The 32X of course! What else! Very Happy

Kolibri, Knuckle's Chaotix, T-Mek.

Also: Let's not forget, Sega CD 32X Very Happy Best rendition of Night Trap ever! Smile

EDIT:

Full disclosure: I own all 32X games Wink I love that quirky console.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 pm

TMM wrote:The 32X of course! What else! Very Happy

Kolibri, Knuckle's Chaotix, T-Mek.

Also: Let's not forget, Sega CD 32X Very Happy Best rendition of Night Trap ever! Smile

EDIT:

Full disclosure: I own all 32X games Wink I love that quirky console.

I have to admit, I fell hard for it on the Winter of '94. Doom, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, and Star Wars Arcade are all games I have very fond memories of. The 32X may have been a commercial trainwreck, but I loved the thing.
    AARST
    AARST
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by AARST Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 am

I am very happy to have found, and instantly fell in love with, the MegaDrive's arcade-style joystick. It's very comfortable and actually makes me better at games! I sucked at Sonic so bad with the normal controller, but with the joystick I can actually beat the first few levels.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 pm

AARST wrote:I am very happy to have found, and instantly fell in love with, the MegaDrive's arcade-style joystick. It's very comfortable and actually makes me better at games! I sucked at Sonic so bad with the normal controller, but with the joystick I can actually beat the first few levels.

I'm another big fan of the arcade Genesis peripherals. I've got the big arcade stick and the little stick guy designed for shmups, etc. Both of them are really comfortable and fun to use.
    HoboFox
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by HoboFox Sun May 08, 2011 3:46 am

I remember how much of a pain it was to screw-in and unscrew the cable anytime you wanted to move it.

Also Tim, people may start getting upset if you try to bypass the swear filter. I'm just trying to warn ya. Welcome to the forum!
    tim
    tim
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by tim Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 am

I'll try to swear without the shift key from now on.

To dis-permit further confusion:
    May I use *Bleep* or *Blip*?
    May I describe anatomy with ASCII?
    Can I drink windex cut with sunny D in front of my computer?

Welcome to you as well - wink
    Mykle
    Mykle

Post by Mykle Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 am

tim, you might wanna watch what you say. You have 2 reputation points against you right now.
    retrowhiz
    retrowhiz
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by retrowhiz Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:30 am

I am very fond of the 6 button arcade stick. it makes all the difference and add tons more fun when I play games like mortal combat 1,2,and 3 Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:30 am