Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+20
AARST
ihatepeace22
TMM
MegaDrive20XX
Chapel
deadpixels
Czernobog
brunoafh
retrogasim
Thetruecrow
Herao
KeithApicary
Crono
Marulu
gh0ul
YoshiEgg25
lu_boo
aznmetalhead
HoboFox
SegaSoldier
24 posters

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

SegaSoldier
    SegaSoldier
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? Empty So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

Post by SegaSoldier Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi, Just wondering what everyone's favourite game is and why?

Mine is Thunder Force IV/Lightening Force cuz the graphics are awesome for a genny game, and it has an awesome metal soundtrack.
    HoboFox
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? Empty Re: So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

Post by HoboFox Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't think I've heard of either of those games. I'll have to be doing some research here pretty soon!

My favorite Genesis games would have to be Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Boogerman, or Toejam and Earl. I'm sure there's some game that I've played the crap out of, that I'm just not thinking of at the moment.

I almost forgot the why part! The Sonic series, particularly 3, was one of the first things I had ever bought with my own money. Also, the series has been pretty deeply ingrained into more than a few of my friendships. The Sonic series as a whole means a lot more to me than just video games. Boogerman was just an incredibly fun game with an incredibly gross hero. I loved getting the chili peppers and farting around levels. I don't even think Toejam and Earl needs an explanation, those games are just fantastic. Excluding 3 I suppose, seeing as how I've never played it.
    aznmetalhead
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? Empty Re: So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

Post by aznmetalhead Mon May 02, 2011 11:26 pm

I didn't get that much games on the Genesis back then, but I can remember having so much fun with the Sonic series. Even with Sonic 3D Blast. I don't know why some people hate this game, but I loved it. I even got myself to buy the Saturn version when it came out Very Happy. I also remember being so addicted to Comix Zone.
    lu_boo
    lu_boo
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by lu_boo Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

Hm...I think I'm gonna have to go with that Yuu Yuu Hakusho fighting game. Yuu Yuu Hakusho Sunset Fighters. Definitely has aged well and is loads of fun
    YoshiEgg25
    YoshiEgg25
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? Empty No contest.

Post by YoshiEgg25 Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 am

Crazybus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VJZAqViT4

This is an actual thing.

Someone needs to put this on a cartridge and make this a drinking game at parties and stuffs.
    gh0ul
    gh0ul
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by gh0ul Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 am

My all time favourite genesis game was Mortal Kombat II. Twisted Evil
    Marulu
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Marulu Tue May 03, 2011 10:53 am

i would say sonic 3 & knuckles
    Crono
    Crono

Post by Crono Tue May 03, 2011 11:52 am

It's gotta be a three-way tie between Ristar, Comix Zone, and Rocket Knight Adventures. Can't really say one specifically, they're all a blast to play.
    KeithApicary
    KeithApicary
    Admin
    Admin

Post by KeithApicary Tue May 03, 2011 1:47 pm

All of them.
    Herao
    Herao
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by Herao Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

I played the heck out of Sonic 3 and Knuckles as well as Vectorman, infact they're the only two Genesis Cartridges I still have. Luckily still have my Genesis but unfortunately the controlers and adapters were lost over time. Someday I shall invest in bringing my Genesis back to life.. must.. relive.. my.. childhood..
    Thetruecrow
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by Thetruecrow Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Top Gear 2.
    retrogasim
    retrogasim
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by retrogasim Tue May 03, 2011 2:45 pm

My favorite genesis game I actually just recently found on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I really like Gain Ground.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYlAGrTrQGU
    It is extremely addicting. I would love to find an original copy of this game!
    brunoafh
    brunoafh
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by brunoafh Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am

retrogasim wrote:My favorite genesis game I actually just recently found on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I really like Gain Ground.
    You should check out the PS2 remake. It's awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aflsvvmx5cA

Tough call on my overall favorite, but it's a toss up between Phantasy Star IV, Contra Hard Corps, and Earthworm Jim.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 am

This is tough, but I would say for the time being it's Splatterhouse 3, but it's subject to change as I play more Genesis games. A non-linear violent horror-themed beat-em-up that I'm having a lot of fun with lately.

--

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? Bg6b1j
    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/
    KeithApicary
    KeithApicary
    Admin
    Admin

Post by KeithApicary Wed May 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Skitchin would make it on my top 10. But it would take a while to decide on the rest. There's sooo many.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 1:45 pm

KeithApicary wrote:Skitchin would make it on my top 10. But it would take a while to decide on the rest. There's sooo many.

Skitchin' is pretty good, but every time I pop it in I really wish I was playing Road Rash 3.

As for me, my favorites would have to be the Streets of Rage and Shining Force games. Phantasy Star IV and Pier Solar are also excellent games.
    KeithApicary
    KeithApicary
    Admin
    Admin

Post by KeithApicary Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Streets of Rage 2 is one of my top 3 favorite games on Genesis.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 pm

KeithApicary wrote:Streets of Rage 2 is one of my top 3 favorite games on Genesis.

Graaaand Upppaaaahh!

Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Wed May 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Probably isn't considered a classic but I really liked Vectorman.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Chapel wrote:Probably isn't considered a classic but I really liked Vectorman.

Blasphemy! Laughing

--

Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Wed May 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Haha. On that note: did they ever make Vectorman 2? Or was that just some kind of Sasquatch myth?
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Chapel wrote:Haha. On that note: did they ever make Vectorman 2? Or was that just some kind of Sasquatch myth?

They made it, it was one of the last games released on the system. It's nothing to write home about.
    Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Wed May 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Well... shoot.

Recently played Castlevania Bloodlines. That was pretty awesome. I actually like it better than Super CV 4 on SNES.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Chapel wrote:Well... shoot.

Recently played Castlevania Bloodlines. That was pretty awesome. I actually like it better than Super CV 4 on SNES.

Bloodlines is pretty fantastic. I like it more than CV 4 as well. While Bloodlines still looks pretty slick to this day, I think CV 4 looks like a blocky, muddy mess. It's still a great game, but I absolutely prefer Bloodlines. Also, Eric Lacarde is damn awesome.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 9:31 pm

deadpixels wrote:
    Chapel wrote:Haha. On that note: did they ever make Vectorman 2? Or was that just some kind of Sasquatch myth?

They made it, it was one of the last games released on the system. It's nothing to write home about.

Yeah, I have it and it's an alright game if you liked the first. Not amazing or anything, but not bad by any means and I enjoy it since I liked the first.

--

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am