Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

5 posters

The Crash Bandicoot Thread

Poll

Favorite Crash Bandicoot game

[ 2 ]
    The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_left33%The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_left0%The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_left50%The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_left17%The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_left0%The Crash Bandicoot Thread Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Mykle
    Mykle

The Crash Bandicoot Thread Empty The Crash Bandicoot Thread

Post by Mykle Wed May 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Which Crash games are your favorites?

It's kind of a tie between Crash 2 and Crash 3 for me. I liked all of the secrets found in Crash 2 (that aren't really in Crash 3). Things that you never see in games now days. it practically forces you to look at a guide with some of the unique secrets they put in there. Like going through the first stage without getting any boxes to earn the blue gem. and jumping to special areas that warp you to a special warp room. It also has a bigger nostalgic feeling for me since it was the first Crash game I had ever played. In Crash 3, I really enjoyed the special power-ups they included and it really adds a lot to the gameplay experience! For me it's quite difficult for me to choose just one. So what are YOUR favorite Crash Bandicoot games for PS1?

Also it's quite sad that Naughty Dog sold Crash Bandicoot... if it wasn't for that, Crash would probably be Sony's mascot and we would be having a 3 way vs thing going on (Soinc vs Mario vs Crash) Not to mention they probably would have kept the gameplay formula that made it great in the first place and add onto it.
    Rantlers
    Rantlers
    Gamer
    Gamer

The Crash Bandicoot Thread Empty Re: The Crash Bandicoot Thread

Post by Rantlers Wed May 04, 2011 5:27 pm

I literally agree with everything you've said (although I will say I like a lot of the games Naughty Dog has made post Crash Bandicoot). I ended up picking Crash 3 since to be honest, I don't believe I've ever actually beaten Crash 2 100%.
    ihatepeace22
    ihatepeace22
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by ihatepeace22 Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

I've only played Crash games a couple of times, but I still remember the insane amount of fun those games were! Very Happy

I actually tried the Crash racing game on the Gamecube. It's a very solid game.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 pm

I can't really make an informed decision on this one, as I only played the first game, but I do still have a copy of the first game and play it every now and then to this day. It's one of those games that I just feel is an old friend to my worn out grey PS1 and should never leave its side. They've been with each other since the beginning.
    Rantlers
    Rantlers
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by Rantlers Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Should I be ashamed that I found that heartwarming?
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Rantlers wrote:Should I be ashamed that I found that heartwarming?

Nope. It's a beautiful thing.
    Mykle
    Mykle

Post by Mykle Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 am

@Czernobog

whenever you find an opportunity to play Crash 2 and 3, DO IT. Seriously they're amazing and they have endless replay value. I've played through the game and started over SOOOO many times! and I've been playing them ever since they first came out and they STILL don't get old

I also find crash team racing a LOT more fun than any Mario Kart game out there
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Mykle wrote:@Czernobog

whenever you find an opportunity to play Crash 2 and 3, DO IT. Seriously they're amazing and they have endless replay value. I've played through the game and started over SOOOO many times! and I've been playing them ever since they first came out and they STILL don't get old

I also find crash team racing a LOT more fun than any Mario Kart game out there

I'll be sure to check them out whenever I get the chance. Did you ever try Chocobo Racing? It was a Final Fantasy themed Mario Kart clone that I had a ridiculous amount of fun playing.
    Tuco
    Tuco
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by Tuco Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm one of the few guys I guess that thinks, that the first one was the best of the series.
    Simply because it's the most challenging one of the series and it didn't have all those unnecessary minigames the sequels had like Bike Racing or plane dogfights. Crash Bash was a nice party game, but doesn't come near the original trilogy. Didn't play Crash Team Racing though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:56 am