Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

2 posters

I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF

YoshiEgg25
    YoshiEgg25
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF Empty I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF

Post by YoshiEgg25 Mon May 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Star Worlds Arcade Press Release wrote:
    VIDEO GAMING FOR A CAUSE

DeKalb, IL
    (May 22, 2011) – This coming weekend, May 27-30, video game players from around the globe are encouraged to participate in GameDay 2011. This will be the world’s first on-line streaming event where players can participate to support a cause near and dear to their heart, the International Video Game Hall of Fame & Museum.

GameDay is a fundraiser put on and hosted by gamers in an effort to bring awareness of and financial support to the not for profit Hall of Fame. The organization is devoted to recognizing excellence in the field of electronic gaming and preserving the artifacts and memorabilia of the video game industry.

Star Worlds Arcade, in DeKalb, Illinois, will be hosting several gamers who will be streaming and will be holding tournaments to benefit the Hall of Fame. At least two of the guests, Geoff Maxfield and Mitchell Meerman, will be attempting world record scores. Star Worlds owner Patrick O’Malley will also be streaming his games for fun and getting sponsors to donate funds.

The arcade also plans to have what they call “The Stream Machine” that, for a tax-deductible donation to the Hall of Fame, will allow casual guests to play the game of their choice and have it streamed on-line.

During this same weekend through June 4, Star Worlds Arcade is collecting canned food donations. This is an effort to assist a soon to be 10 years young gamer who, for the past 5 years, has asked his family and friends to bring him food and paper goods in lieu of birthday gifts. In turn, he donates these items to the local food pantry. We want to take this opportunity to support this youngster and recognize him for his public awareness.

Star Worlds Arcade will be open normal hours on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday, May 30, the arcade will be open 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. for an unlimited game play event. There will be a $5.00 door charge and proceeds will be donated to the Hall of Fame.

I'll be going for world records in Pokémon Pinball and Mario Kart DS this Saturday starting at 1:00 PM Central. If you're in the DeKalb, IL area and would like to come out and watch, I'd really appreciate it! Otherwise, I'll be streaming the attempts online on my stream, located here.

All streamers associated with GameDay will be streaming on GameDay's website (which I still haven't been added to).

I'd be very appreciative if people could donate to the IVGHOF whether you're watching me or not. This is a big thing to try to get the event back on track for next year.

If you'd like, you can also pledge money to the Hall of Fame for every world record I break. Just so you know, that number may be anywhere from two to forty-three, so you might want to put a cap on that if you want to do that. Razz

If you guys have any questions about what I'm doing, what GameDay is doing, or what the IVGHOF is/does, I can answer any questions.

Thanks guys, hope to have you watching on Saturday!
    Chapel
    Chapel

I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF Empty Re: I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF

Post by Chapel Mon May 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Awesome! Will check it out most definitely!
    YoshiEgg25
    YoshiEgg25
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF Empty Re: I'll be going for world records in support of the IVGHOF

Post by YoshiEgg25 Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 am

You guys, this is TOMORROW. You should definitely come watch. For certain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 pm