Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

4 posters

Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts

Czernobog
    Czernobog

Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts Empty Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

I only have a four games for my Turbografx-16 but geez do I like the thing. One of my friends used to have a crate full of of TG16 games that stayed at his house for whenever friends would come over. We used to take turns playing the Bonk games, other platformers, and the pinball games, but the real fun was when we played Bomberman, Military Madness, and all the shmups.

Since I've gotten my own I've picked up Alien Crush, Legendary Axe, New Adventure Island, and Ninja Spirit. All of them are fun as hell and I can't get enough. Anyone else here get the same enjoyment out of the system that I do?

--

Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts Bg6b1j
    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts Empty Re: Turbografx-16 Owners & Enthusiasts

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Czernobog wrote:I only have a four games for my Turbografx-16 but geez do I like the thing. One of my friends used to have a crate full of of TG16 games that stayed at his house for whenever friends would come over. We used to take turns playing the Bonk games, other platformers, and the pinball games, but the real fun was when we played Bomberman, Military Madness, and all the shmups.

Since I've gotten my own I've picked up Alien Crush, Legendary Axe, New Adventure Island, and Ninja Spirit. All of them are fun as hell and I can't get enough. Anyone else here get the same enjoyment out of the system that I do?

--

The Turbo is a great system. I'd strongly recommend grabbing both Neutopia games if you're a fan of Zelda, or overhead adventure games for that matter. They're both great fun and look and sound fantastic.

Splatterhouse is another all-time favorite of mine, and one of my favorite games for the system.

I'm going to make it a point to pick up a Duo R soon so I can experience the CD library, as I haven't had a chance to play any of the PC Engine CD games yet. Rondo of Blood and the Ys games are at the top of my list though.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 5:37 pm

My friend had Neutopia and it's on the top of my to get list. I really like Splatterhouse 3 on my Genesis so I'll probably pick up the first one on the TG16 eventually too. I plan on getting the CD attachment and the system cards to use it eventually but I know it's going to cost me a good bit.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 pm

The CD attachment definitely costs a pretty penny, you might be better off buying a Duo R or Duo RX. The reason I say that is you would be able to play Japanese Hu Card games and both US and Japanese CD titles as they aren't region locked.

I would avoid buying a PC Engine CD though as they are known to have faulty sound capacitors. One of the Duo R models is definitely the way to go.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 9:05 pm

deadpixels wrote:The CD attachment definitely costs a pretty penny, you might be better off buying a Duo R or Duo RX. The reason I say that is you would be able to play Japanese Hu Card games and both US and Japanese CD titles as they aren't region locked.

I would avoid buying a PC Engine CD though as they are known to have faulty sound capacitors. One of the Duo R models is definitely the way to go.

I didn't realize that a Duo could play both Japanese Hu Cards and CDs. I'll definitely be looking into getting a Duo then.

--

brunoafh
    brunoafh
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by brunoafh Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I own a PCE Duo and dozens of games, love it like no other.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Czernobog wrote:
    deadpixels wrote:The CD attachment definitely costs a pretty penny, you might be better off buying a Duo R or Duo RX. The reason I say that is you would be able to play Japanese Hu Card games and both US and Japanese CD titles as they aren't region locked.

I didn't realize that a Duo could play both Japanese Hu Cards and CDs. I'll definitely be looking into getting a Duo then.

--

Well, a TurboDuo can play US Hucards and any region CD, the opposite goes for the PC Engine Duo. Only the CDs are region free. But yeah, definitely get a Duo R.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Ah I see now, thanks for the info!

--

kupomog
    kupomog
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by kupomog Mon May 09, 2011 3:47 am

I really miss my TurboGrafx. I found it a few years ago damaged beyond repair. Used to put a lot of hours on it playing the Bonks games and Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. I wish I had a PCE so I could play Valis III. The Genesis version is one of my favorite games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:11 pm