Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

3 posters

Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming

MatPat13
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming Empty Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming

Post by MatPat13 Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the Classics community and wanted to introduce you all to my new video game blog, Game Theory, where we separate the fact from the fiction in some of our favorite games. The first three episodes are posted below, as are the links to my channels. I'd love your suggestions for future episodes, so please let me know what you think!

Episode 1: Chrono Trigger/Time Travel

Episode 2: Super Mario/Plumbing

Episode 3: Illusion of Gaia/World Wonders

https://www.youtube.com/user/MatthewPatrick13 is my YouTube channel and
    http://screwattack.com/shows/Game-Theory is my ScrewAttack show.
    Marulu
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming Empty Re: Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming

Post by Marulu Mon May 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Great videos classic & educational at the same time keep the good work up !

I hope you like our community,
    Marulu
    Chapel
    Chapel

Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming Empty Re: Game Theory: The Mythbusters of Gaming

Post by Chapel Mon May 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Pretty neat. Not a fan of the "goofy radio program" thing with sound clips and silliness. That's just me. I'm sure it works with others! Still pretty good.

On Chrono Trigger: I think you missed out on not touching on string theory and alternate timelines considering that's what the sequel Chrono Cross is all about. Also, the biggest fault with time travel in most ways (that time gates and the Epoch MAYBE get around) is that the Earth is in constant motion through the universe. Where the Earth is now and where the Earth physically existed in the year 1200 are two radically different places in space-time. So not only the 4th dimension needs to be breached, but the 3rd dimension must be traversed as well. Just something to think about. Smile

On Mario: If it makes you feel better, Mario was only given that New York background by Americans. :p

Illusion of Gaia: My favorite vid as it is actually educational to people who know nothing of these places. Yes the cute girls help with viewer counts, but I was mostly just listening. Have you played the other games in the series, Soul Blazer and Terranigma?

Thanks for sharing! Smile
    MatPat13
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by MatPat13 Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 am

I'm glad you brought up that issue about time travel leaving you in a complete different part of space. It was something that I thought was fascinating when I was doing the research and really wanted to discuss in the episode, but had to cut due to time limitations. Still, I really want to revisit the topic one day in an addendum episode, so I'll be sure to include it!

And sadly, no, I have yet to play Soul Blazer or Terranigma, but they've been on my list for some time. I just need to set aside enough time one of these days.

PS Here's the next episode:
    Mortal Kombat/Fatalities

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm