Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

4 posters

Hidden gems which you found yourself

Marulu
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

Hidden gems which you found yourself Empty Hidden gems which you found yourself

Post by Marulu Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 pm

hey here you can post hidden gems !

here mine
    sega master system: the ninja

review

i pickt it up per random because it only cost 1 buck

Last edited by Marulu on Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Hidden gems which you found yourself Empty Re: Hidden gems which you found yourself

Post by Czernobog Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Warlocked for Game Boy Color! Basically a handheld Warcraft game done amazingly well considering the limitations of the GBC.

Crono
    Crono

Hidden gems which you found yourself Empty Re: Hidden gems which you found yourself

Post by Crono Thu May 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Astal on Saturn

Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Fri May 06, 2011 12:54 am

Only gem I have ever unearthed entirely by accident was Wild ARMs 5. And that ain't exactly retro.

Unless you want to count Crystalis, but I gush about that enough.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 am

Chapel wrote:Only gem I have ever unearthed entirely by accident was Wild ARMs 5. And that ain't exactly retro.

Unless you want to count Crystalis, but I gush about that enough.

I really liked Wild ARMs 4 for the hex battle system. It was a really fresh feeling twist to the traditional JRPG for me, but I never picked up 5. Did it keep that system or move back to the more traditional format of the older Wild ARMs games?
    Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Fri May 06, 2011 1:07 am

It expanded on the hex system. I tried playing 4 after 5 and it felt stiff. I could get used to it but basically 5 is an even better 4.

Play it. Do it. Now.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 am

Chapel wrote:It expanded on the hex system. I tried playing 4 after 5 and it felt stiff. I could get used to it but basically 5 is an even better 4.

Play it. Do it. Now.

I fully intend to now that I know they expanded on that system! I'm glad they stuck with it and I hope they keep improving the system. I think it really helps them to stand out from the standard JRPG fare right now. Of course, I still hold Wild ARMs 2 in high regards even though it had the older battle mechanics, but it's good to see a that they're trying to evolve in new ways to help stand out from the crowd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm