Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

Talking Classics Chat.

Crono
    Crono

Talking Classics Chat. Empty Talking Classics Chat.

Post by Crono Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 pm

There were suggestions of making an IRC channel for Talking Classics, so I went ahead and opened one up.

IRC info:
    Server: irc.quakenet.org
    Channel: #talkingclassics

If you need a client, you can use some popular programs like Pidgin (I recommend this one, as it is the best encompassing solution for a multiple IM and IRC client), Trillian (like Pidgin but not as nice and some features cost money), Dedicated clients like mIRC or Chatzilla (which runs in the Firefox browser)

If you don't want to install any clients or aren't using any of these (or other) programs already, you can use the web-interface. All you gotta do is fill in the user name you want (they're global on the network and cannot be reserved)
    You can use quakenet's official webclient here (recommended for webchat use): http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=talkingclassics&uio=d4
    Or Mibbit: http://wbe04.mibbit.com/?server=irc.quakenet.org&channel=%23talkingclassics&noServerTab=false&autoConnect=true

Hopefully we can get some people in chatting! Enjoy.
    Crono
    Crono

Talking Classics Chat. Empty Re: Talking Classics Chat.

Post by Crono Fri May 27, 2011 5:08 am

I made a in site page for the chat. It utilizes webchat, so if you still prefer your own client go ahead and use the server information on this page.

You can get to it by clicking chat in the navigation menu Very Happy

Also, I totally leveled up doing this. Awesome.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am