Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

5 posters

Tecmo Bowl

YoshiEgg25
    YoshiEgg25
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Tecmo Bowl Empty Tecmo Bowl

Post by YoshiEgg25 Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

When you talk about the best NES games, one that isn't mentioned often enough is Tecmo Bowl.

My blog that I stopped updating forever ago wrote:
    Tecmo Bowl was released exclusively in the U.S in February 1989. While NFL Football by LJN was the first to get the license from the NFL to use its teams and logos, Tecmo Bowl was the first game to get the rights from the NFL Player's Association; as such, it was able to use the names of real players in the game, from Walter Payton to Sean Landeta. However, since Tecmo was unable to get the rights from the NFL itself, it was unable to use actual team names and logos, instead going with the city or state that teams represented and their colors. Each team had four offensive plays: two pass plays and two running plays, with the exception of San Francisco and Miami, who have three pass plays and one running play. Each defense also has four plays; however, they just mimic whatever plays the offense had.

I think Chicago's the best. Walter Payton runs past everyonebody!

Also apparently they still have a major tournament for it in Wisconsin every year (Madison I think). I'd go but I'd make a fool of myself because I'm not near as good at it as those dudes.
    gh0ul
    gh0ul
    Gamer
    Gamer

Tecmo Bowl Empty Re: Tecmo Bowl

Post by gh0ul Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 am

I don't know how many countless hours I spent playing this game with friends Tecmo Bowl was great. The raiders are the best though Bo Jackson baby !

I also played a lot of RBI 2 the first one had fat little guys 2 was much better, another great game doesn't get much mention.
    Herao
    Herao
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by Herao Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

A few friends and I hold a Tecmo Bowl party every year haha. Cowboys all the way!
    eVuLPeNGuiN
    eVuLPeNGuiN
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by eVuLPeNGuiN Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 pm

My cousin and I play Tecmo Bowl every one and a while. Best football game ever, Madden can't hold up against this classic.
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Post by deadpixels Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Tecmo Bowl is a timeless classic that's just as much fun today as it was when it was released. I always played the Bengals (no clue why), but yeah, Chicago was unstoppable.

Also, Bo Jackson is Tecmo Bowl's Chuck Norris.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am