Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+5
aznmetalhead
Czernobog
KeithApicary
Rantlers
retrogasim
9 posters

Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console

retrogasim
    retrogasim
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console Empty Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console

Post by retrogasim Tue May 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Now that the 3ds is out, I would love to see the virtual boy library available for download when the store opens (its may open it already!). What game would you like to see take the move over to the 3ds?

Personally, I would like to see Bound High as it was never officially released and, thus, I have not got a chance to play it (along with all the other unreleased games).
    Rantlers
    Rantlers
    Gamer
    Gamer

Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console Empty Re: Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console

Post by Rantlers Wed May 04, 2011 4:13 am

Interesting idea, but could it ever be the same without the helmet?
    KeithApicary
    KeithApicary
    Admin
    Admin

Post by KeithApicary Wed May 04, 2011 5:28 am

If they release a 3DS face mount then it's not worth it. You don't play VB, you live it.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 am

I would be interested if they did a Virtual Boy compilation game for the 3DS so that I could play Jack Bros. without paying an arm and a leg, as well as they unreleased games. It really wouldn't have the same feeling of total submersion that the Virtual Boy was able to create by blocking out other senses though.

--

Virtual Boy on the Virtual Console Bg6b1j
    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/
    aznmetalhead
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by aznmetalhead Thu May 05, 2011 12:20 am

great idea Very Happy! I never thought about that until now! Would totally be awesome to see Nintendo port those games over
    YoshiEgg25
    YoshiEgg25
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by YoshiEgg25 Thu May 05, 2011 1:00 am

I want it to happen just to see the price of Virtual Boys and games go down so I can get one.
    Chapel
    Chapel

Post by Chapel Thu May 05, 2011 1:41 am

KeithApicary wrote:If they release a 3DS face mount then it's not worth it. You don't play VB, you live it.

Agreed. Virtual Boy is an experience unlike any other. It would be but a sham to attempt to recreate it for the 3DS. A sham!
    Crono
    Crono

Post by Crono Thu May 05, 2011 2:54 pm

KeithApicary wrote:If they release a 3DS face mount then it's not worth it. You don't play VB, you live it.

I've always wondered if you needed glasses before you ever played Virtual Boy.

Also, I was thinking the same thing, VB VC on 3DS ... I don't think they'll do it, just because A) Nintendo wants to separate themselves from the thing still and B) There were only 13 games.

But I'd definitely like to see a version of VB that doesn't kill your eyes ... as much.
    AARST
    AARST
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by AARST Fri May 06, 2011 7:27 am

I really want to play Teleroboxer and Wario Land, those look like a lot of fun. I tried an emulator once, but there was this aching feeling that there's something missing. Something critical.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am