Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+2
Crono
sir_shatsalot
6 posters

Emulation

sir_shatsalot
    sir_shatsalot
    Gamer
    Gamer

Emulation Empty Emulation

Post by sir_shatsalot Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I think the greatest thing about the Dreamcast is it's ability to use emulators. I paid 15 bucks for it and can now play the entire Genesis and NES library on the tv, not to mention the MAME emulator which I haven't even begun to experiment with yet.
    Does anyone else here emulate on the DC?
    Crono
    Crono

Emulation Empty Re: Emulation

Post by Crono Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

I would imagine playing Genesis or Saturn games with the Dreamcast's layout would be a little difficult.
    TMM
    TMM
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by TMM Thu May 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Best part about the dreamcast is that it can play dreamcast games! Smile

Have you tried Ikaruga? Propeller Arena? Very Happy
    HoboFox
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by HoboFox Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I actually bought my Dreamcast with this fact in mind, yet never got around to doing it. I love the system though!
    sir_shatsalot
    sir_shatsalot
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by sir_shatsalot Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Crono wrote:Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

I would imagine playing Genesis or Saturn games with the Dreamcast's layout would be a little difficult.

The controller works alright, and i usually use my pc for emulation too, but when friends comeover its a lot easier to play multiplayer on the DC and relax in the living room. It's just more fun to play it on a tv than on a computer imo.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

sir_shatsalot wrote:
    Crono wrote:Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

The controller works alright, and i usually use my pc for emulation too, but when friends comeover its a lot easier to play multiplayer on the DC and relax in the living room. It's just more fun to play it on a tv than on a computer imo.

I have to agree completely with this. Main reason I don't emulate even on the DC is I have so many systems at this point and I would rather play on the original controllers, but gathering around a tv with a group of friends for multiplayer is just a great time. There was also a 6-button controller (I believe by ASCII) released for the Dreamcast that resembled the Saturn & Genesis controllers, but I think it's a bit rare.
    Crono
    Crono

Post by Crono Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.
    Marulu
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Marulu Fri May 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Crono wrote:I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.

no you´re not i done it too
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Marulu wrote:
    Crono wrote:I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.

no you´re not i done it too

I have a laptop hooked up to a TV for doing things for watching Hulu, and I used to have a PC hooked to it, but it's just not convenient for me to game with multiple people using that setup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am