Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+2
deadpixels
aznmetalhead
6 posters

Anyone know how to fix my Saturn

aznmetalhead
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Anyone know how to fix my Saturn Empty Anyone know how to fix my Saturn

Post by aznmetalhead Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 am

It was actually a few years ago I started playing my Saturn again, it was running well until now I see no image on my screen. When I run the Saturn, its just a blank black screen, although I can hear the sound working perfectly. I've tried other TV sets, and even jimmying the wires, still no work. Do you think I need to buy replacement cable for it?
    deadpixels
    deadpixels

Anyone know how to fix my Saturn Empty Re: Anyone know how to fix my Saturn

Post by deadpixels Thu May 05, 2011 8:43 am

Try another set of cables, if that doesn't work then there's a problem with your Saturn and frankly, getting it repaired would likely be more expensive than buying a new system.

Marulu
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Marulu Thu May 05, 2011 11:49 am

try to clean the contacts and maby you need to bound the cabel so it get a contact
    Crono
    Crono

Post by Crono Thu May 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Everyone always talks about "getting it repaired". Honestly, you should look into fixing it yourself, whatever the issue is. Chances are the problem isn't that substantial.

You might want to check out this forum: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?13121-Saturn-has-no-video-out They seem to have a lot of people who mod the device.

Paying someone to do it ... you'll almost always get taken advantage of financially.

And with all that being said, my Saturn was like $20 ... so buying a new one shouldn't be out of the question. The only problem is in recent years the Saturn's gotten much more popular and people are charging more for a whole unit.

But, your issue sounds fixable, could be something simple or just some components are toast, in which case you can swap them out. It's my opinion that, if you're going to continue using really old electronics, it's sort of something you need to learn to do eventually, because they will break.
    TheCurlyBard
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by TheCurlyBard Thu May 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Def sounds like it might be the cable to me, try another one and then look into busting the case open and looking for a problem
    aznmetalhead
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by aznmetalhead Sat May 07, 2011 1:19 am

thanks for all your replies! I think I'll try getting a new set of cables. If not I'll try buying a new one or fixing it myself. Thanks for the link!
    tim
    tim
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by tim Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 am

Borax and Elmers glue, and a little bit of food coloring(your choice). You'll be back in the game in no time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content