Talking Classics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

+20
AARST
ihatepeace22
TMM
MegaDrive20XX
Chapel
deadpixels
Czernobog
brunoafh
retrogasim
Thetruecrow
Herao
KeithApicary
Crono
Marulu
gh0ul
YoshiEgg25
lu_boo
aznmetalhead
HoboFox
SegaSoldier
24 posters

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

MegaDrive20XX
    MegaDrive20XX
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? - Page 2 Empty Re: So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

Post by MegaDrive20XX Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 am

My all time favorite Sega Genesis game would have to be CastleVania Bloodlines. It was the one title that made me go back and try to find every game I ever missed out on.
    TMM
    TMM
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? - Page 2 Empty Re: So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game?

Post by TMM Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 pm

my top n would look like, in no particular order

Vectorman
    Comix Zone
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3 and knuckles
    mr. Nutz
    Golden axe
    Streets of rage 2
    Contra: Hard corps
    Strider
    Gods

There are more good ones, but if I just had those I'd be happy
    ihatepeace22
    ihatepeace22
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by ihatepeace22 Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 pm

The games I remember defining my childhood would have to be Earthworm Jim, Gunstar Heroes, and, of course, Sonic 1-3.

I still remember the day we rented Sonic & Knuckles, the clip-on cartridge idea blew my mind.
    AARST
    AARST
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by AARST Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 am

The most technically impressive game I've played on the MegaDrive is still Zero Tolerance. And it's addictive.
    Czernobog
    Czernobog

Post by Czernobog Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 pm

AARST wrote:The most technically impressive game I've played on the MegaDrive is still Zero Tolerance. And it's addictive.

Never played Zero Tolerance but it looks like it could win over early FPS fans who are looking for something to play on their Genesis.
    tim
    tim
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by tim Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 am

Genesis, I don't know whether to play you or have sex with you - I'm always drunk - anyway - I'll totally play me some 'time killers' or 'general chaos' anytime I get the chance - uhh, you know, if I've not already decided to do the sex thing. oh god no - off to the dry cleaners!
    So, we're talkings classics! What's your favourite Genesis Game? - Page 2 SegaMEGATRON
    HoboFox
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

Post by HoboFox Sun May 08, 2011 3:42 am

I completely forgot about General Chaos! Man, do I have some great memories with that...I love that game!
    Tuco
    Tuco
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by Tuco Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

If I would have to nail it down to one, I would go with the one I played the most at that time. Quackshot!
    Awesome Jump and Run with many references to Indiana Jones and other Adventure Movies.
    fishpicker
    fishpicker
    Gamer
    Gamer

Post by fishpicker Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:54 am

Earthworm Jim
    Lakers vs. Celtics
    Sonic 1 & 2
    rambo
    rambo
    Fanboy
    Fanboy

Post by rambo Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I haven't played too many games for the Mega Drive, but some of my favourites are Atomic Runner, NBA JAM, Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure, Sonic 1 & 2 and the The lion King.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am